Frequently Asked Questions
What is evidence level?
Evidence level of an entry in HTP database can be the following:
- 3D structure
- 3D structure of the transmembrane protein was determined by X-ray
diffraction, by electron diffraction or by NMR.
In this case a CrossRef to the appropriate PDBTM entry(ies) is(are) given.
- There is(are) experimental result(s) about the topology.
In this case a CrossRef to the appropriate PDB, TOPDB and/or TOPDOM entries should be given.
- There are domains and sequence motifs located conservatively in one side of transmembrane proteins.
- There is evidence to the existence of the protein.
- There is no evidence to the existence of the protein. Both the amino acid
sequence and the topology are predicted from the human genome sequence.